Existence of a strong music industry results in nurturing and propagation of a rich musical culture. IMI plays an increasingly vital role in the following Activities:
- Enforcement of right and fair valuation for music rights.
- Promoting best practices in copyright law and its enforcement.
- Supporting International Copyright conventions.
- Evaluating and Promoting new technologies mainly for assisting right owners.
- Celebrating success of music by promoting IMI's Gold & Platinum Awards.
- Lobbying with the Government and other stake holders on industry related matters.
- Building public awareness about copyright and fair valuation for music created by phonogram producers through campaigns and reports.