Gold and Platinum Awards
The music market has undergone rapid transformation in the last few years. Music and Video Streaming growing in the advent of cheaper data rates is defining how music is consumed today. Additionally, single songs and videos have become the primary consumption unit and not like albums in the days of physical sales.The Executive Committee of the Indian Music Industry, in conjunction with the IFPI, has factored these parameters and has revised the Gold and Platinum sales awards standards for India. We have incorporated best practices from the developed markets and are now introducing the concept of Track and Album Equivalents that are explained in detail below. The new criteria include Audio streams, Video streams, RBT Sales & Physical Album Sales.
1. As songs are now the primary consumption unit, we have re- introduced a certification for 'Singles'.
2. Audio and video streams are eligible to be counted towards the total sales.
3. Various means of consumptions are converted to track and album ‘equivalents’ respectively using the following conversions chart.
- 1 digital track download = 1 track equivalent (TE)
- 2 CRBT (30 day) = 1 Track (TE)
- 100 track streams= 1 track equivalent (TE)
- 300 Video Streams = 1 Track equivalent (TE)
- 1 digital album download= 1 album equivalent (AE)
- 1 Physical Album Sales = 1 album equivalent
- 10 track downloads = 1 album equivalent (AE)
- 1000 track streams= 1 album equivalent (AE)
- 3000 Video Streams = 1 album equivalent
- 20 CRBT (30 Day) = 1 album
- Total Album Equivalents = Sum of Above
Table A: Awards Standards SINGLE ALBUM