Membership Rules and Regulations
Membership for IMI is currently ON HOLD
- Any Company / Firm / Person producing sound recordings or music videos, which are available to public in India, are eligible can apply for membership of IMI.
- Any entity desiring to join IMI shall apply for membership on the prescribed application (download form)
- All information in the form must be filled and signed by duly authorized person.
- Membership fees is to be paid in cheque/DD at time of application for membership
- Completed applications shall be presented to the Executive committee for consideration at the Executive committee meeting, which normally takes place once in quarter. Any applicant which, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, has engaged in the unauthorized creation, imitation, duplication, sale, importation or other use of sound recordings or artist’s performances in violation of any law within five years of its application, is ineligible for membership.
- Once approved IMI shall send a welcome letter and regularly inform members regarding their activities
- In order to ensure no disruption in membership; renewal fees need to be paid on time.
- Details of new releases (album /single) need to be submitted to IMI. (Download sheet here).
- Members are requested to intimate any change in their Postal address and/or email ID and Telephone addressed to Ms. Dema. (Format)
- Members commit to share and report data regarding turnover and best practices as and when required by IMI secretariat. Members shall promptly reply to all communications from IMI particularly those concerning members’ repertoire, meetings, and turnover figures.
- A Member shall refrain from jeopardizing the fulfillment of IMI’s objects and shall not in any manner whatsoever be engaged in the unauthorized creation, imitation, duplication, sale, importation or other use of sound recordings or artists’ performances in violation of any law.
- To facilitate antipiracy action Members will issue the Power of Attorney to IMI, in the specified format, designed by IMI.
- Members will assist IMI, in investigation and raids, whenever required.
- Members will always promote IMI and follow good business practices in line with IMI / IFPI objectives.